Metal Detectable Plastic FDA Additive Delivers Price and Performance Advantages
DPI’s innovative, tested process combines special additives with polymer resins to produce metal and X-Ray detectable injection molded components that are FDA approved. By incorporating these additives at precisely the right ratios, our metal detectable, food-safe plastic components can help greatly reduce liability and prevent massive recalls due to metal fragment contamination.
Metal Detectable Plastic Components
Food processors and other industries use metal detectors to identify contamination from a variety of sources, including fragments from machinery and parts. Detecting such contamination before it leaves the plant greatly reduces liability and prevents massive recalls. In the past, regulation forced processors to use metal components where plastic ones might actually wear and function better. Not any more. Diversified Plastics is pleased to introduce truly Metal Detectable Plastic Components.
What is food metal detectable plastic?
Our innovative, tested process combines special additives with polymer resins to produce metal and X-Ray detectable injection molded components that are FDA approved. By incorporating these additives at precisely the right ratios, components can be easily identified by standard metal detectors and X-ray machines. Moreover our process, combined with proper material selection, actually improves wear and slide properties of components.
Our Proven Food Processing Plastic Components Perform Better, Longer, And At Less Cost. The Secret Comes From DPI’s Proprietary Multi-Fab Technology™.
Features And Benefits
- Small particles detected by standard equipment at sizes less than 1mm in diameter
- Reduces liability by reducing the likelihood of contamination
- Reduces wear, weight, and noise compared with metal components
- Available in a wide range of polymers and elastomers to suit any application
- FDA approved for food contact applications
- Standard resin colors are black and gray; however, pigments such as red, blue, green and orange can be added
Diversified Plastics provides:
- A variety of FDA food grade plastic materials that deliver high chemical, heat, and wear resistance
- Wide range of Durometers (hardness) can meet all requirements
- Carbon and stainless steel core tubes
- Abrasion resistant nylon end plugs
- Custom molds for non-standard sizes
- Metal detectable plastic resins for injection molded parts
If you are a food processing machine producer and need a supplier of parts for your machines, Diversified Plastics, Inc. will meet your demands. We are specialists in making OEM and replacement parts for the food processing and food packaging industries.