Work and live in beautiful Missoula, Montana! Diversified Plastics is a profitable, growing, privately held plastic manufacturer that has been in business over forty years. We are fortunate to have our business located in one of the most livable small cities in the United States. Proclaimed as the locale with the “best summer weather” in the United States by a prominent outoor-oriented magazine, Missoula experiences warm summer days and cool nights. Outdoor activities are almost unlimited, including hiking, water sports, fishing, mountain biking, snow skiing, kayaking, and hunting to name just a few! Missoula is also home to the University of Montana.
Diversified Plastics is continuously reviewing our staffing needs and hiring the most qualified personnel we can locate. Experience in the plastic industry is highly desirable for positions in the sales and production departments. The company offers a broad range of employee benefit programs as part of our commitment to our staff. We are especially interested in machinists who are experienced with CNC machines and injection molding equipment. We also operate a urethane casting operation and are interested in applicants with experience in this discipline. In some instances, we will consider recent trade school graduates for entry level positions if you have training on equipment we operate.
Reports To: Shop Floor Supervisor
Job Requirements and Experience
- Requires 3 years of experience with CNC machining, both programming and operating, as well as, 3 years of Mastercam experience. 4th and 5th axis knowledge preferred.
- Must be mechanically inclined, detail-oriented, and capable of learning new processes.
- Need to have a safety-conscious attitude, ability to follow directions, and ability to work well in a team environment.
Job Hours and Availability
Full time: 40 hours/week
Day and swing shift positions available
Day shift hours are Monday through Thursday, 5:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Swing shift hours will be Monday through Thursday, 2:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.
- Stand for long periods of time
- Frequent movements of hands, wrists and arms as well as body twisting and bending
- Must be able to see objects less than a few feet in distance
- Lift up to 75 lbs.
Compensation and Benefits
Pay starts at $18.00/hour or more, depending on experience, plus an excellent benefit package.
Diversified Plastics, Inc. is a leading manufacturer and distributor of plastic components offering a vast array of processes including injection molding, fabrication, and urethane casting is seeking an experienced CNC Machinist for the production area of their Missoula plant.